2023 Canada $5 The Majestic Polar Bear 1oz. 99.99% Pure Silver (No Tax)
Premium Bullion in Special Packaging makes it easy to collect some of the world’s purest precious metals.
The 2023 fine silver edition is a touching Arctic wildlife portrait crafted in 99.99% pure silver and produced with a minimum guaranteed weight of one ounce. Designed for collectors and precious metal buyers alike, each Premium Bullion coin comes in a card holder that provides an unobstructed view of the coin’s many captivating features, including its sunburst finish and “mother-and-child” paw print privy mark.
Start your collection with this precious treasure. The Majestic Polar Bear and Cubs Premium Bullion coin offers value that endures.
The polar bear is the largest land carnivore, yet it is surprisingly tiny (and helpless) at birth! Blind, toothless, and covered in a very fine fur that makes them look hairless, newborn cubs only measure about 30 centimetres long and weigh less than a kilogram. Cubs grow rapidly during the first months, and they usually stay by their mother’s side for two to three years.
Based on a design by Canadian artist Pierre Leduc, each coin’s reverse features a portrait of a polar bear (Ursus maritimus) mother with two cubs in an Arctic setting. One cub has caught the mother’s attention by standing and leaning against her, while a second cub remains close by. Marked by a “mother and cub” paw print privy mark, the tender scene is set against vivid radial lines that create a dramatic sunburst finish. The reverse includes the coin’s purity and weight, the word “CANADA”, and the year “2023”. The obverse features a sunburst finish behind the effigy of Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt. The obverse also bears a special marking that includes four pearls symbolizing the four effigies that have graced Canadian coins and the double date of her reign.
Item Number: 207221
Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Weight: 1 oz. (31.11 g)
Diameter: 38 mm
Face Value: $5
Finish: Bullion with sunburst finish (vivid radial lines)
Artist: Pierre Leduc (reverse), Susanna Blunt (obverse)
• Specially handled during the manufacturing process. Produced with a guaranteed weight, each uncirculated Premium Bullion coin was specially handled during the manufacturing process and comes in Royal Canadian Mint-authorized packaging.
• The world's purest precious metals in an easy-to-collect, easy-to-give format. Each coin is encapsulated in card packaging and wrapped in a clear envelope.
• Easy purchase option! While bullion products are typically purchased from authorized dealers, Premium Bullion is only available in this stylish card format and can be purchased directly from the Royal Canadian Mint, Canada Post and dealers.
• A limited, collectable gift for precious metal buyers. The pure silver Premium Bullion coin is crafted in 99.99% pure silver with a minimum guaranteed weight (1 oz.) and a limited mintage of 20,000 coins worldwide.
• "Aww"-inspiring Privy Mark. The “paw print” privy mark is unique to this line of Premium Bullion coins, and for 2023, each coin is marked by side-by-side mother and cub paw prints—a cute nod to the family theme.
• Sunburst finish. Vivid radial lines fill the field to create a dramatic sunburst finish that adds movement, energy and excitement to the engraved art.
• Available in gold and silver! A precious keepsake or addition to your collection, 2023’s The Majestic Polar Bear and Cubs is also available in 99.99% pure gold.
The Premium Bullion coin is encapsulated and protected in card packaging that includes a printed assay certificate on the back of the card.