2023 Canada $1 Peace Dollar Rose Gold Plated Fine Silver (No Tax)
Each Peace Dollar is a powerful representation of Canada’s ongoing dedication to universal human rights and world peace. Before becoming Prime Minister of Canada, Lester B. Pearson was awarded a Nobel Peace Prize in 1957 for organizing the first UN peacekeeping force. In the decades since, UN peacekeepers have helped de-escalate conflicts and save lives throughout the world. That legacy of peace and international cooperation is reflected on the reverse of this 1 oz. 99.99% pure silver coin. It combines three extraordinary features: Ultra High Relief (UHR), rose gold plating (new for 2023) and a specially engineered pattern, which pulses with hope for a peaceful and prosperous future.
The allegory on the coin’s reverse first appeared on the 2019 Peace and Liberty medal before becoming a fixture on Canada’s annual Peace Dollar coins.
Her crown of maple leaves and olive branches is a symbolic representation of the core Canadian values of peace, order and good government.
The Peace Dollar’s reverse features selective rose gold plating and a pulsating pattern behind the allegorical image of peace designed by retired RCM Senior Engraver Susan Taylor. Struck in Ultra High Relief (UHR), Lady Peace is depicted in profile with her hair crowned in a wreath of maple leaves and olive branches. She is flanked by her name “PAX” (the Latin word for “Peace”) and the year “2023”, while Canada’s national motto, “A MARI USQUE AD MARE” (“From sea to sea”) appears overhead. The obverse also features selective rose gold plating and the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
Item Number: 204949
Composition: 99.99% pure silver with rose gold plating
Technology: Ultra High Relief (UHR) and a pulsating effect on the reverse
Weight: 31.39 g
Diameter: 36.15 mm
Face Value: $1
Artist: Susan Taylor (reverse), Susanna Blunt (Obverse)
• Fourth Peace Dollar! Canada's "pulsating" Peace Dollar is back for 2023! The coin's reverse combines Ultra High Relief (UHR) and pulsating technology with rose gold plating, which beautifully enhances the already inspiring portrait of peace (“PAX”).
• Rose Gold! New for 2023, the Peace Dollar features rose gold plating on the coin’s obverse and reverse, where the uplifting background colour and fine silver relief form a captivating high-contrast design.
• A pulsating field! The Peace Dollar's reverse features a pulsating pattern that appears to expand and contract when your coin is tipped. This visual effect is caused by an array of sub-millimetre-scale mirrors, which have been micro-engineered and precisely engraved to reflect light and create the illusion of motion.
• Ultra High Relief! UHR technology lifts the allegory of peace to greater heights by adding extra depth and detail.
• 1oz. of Pure Silver! Each coin is struck in 1 oz. of 99.99% pure silver and features a highly reflective proof finish that ensures every engraved detail stands out.
• Limited Edition! Mintage is limited to just 6,000 coins worldwide!
The coin comes encapsulated and presented in a black Royal Canadian Mint-branded clamshell with a black beauty box.