2015 Canada $1 The Voyageur Renewed Silver Dollar Fine Silver (No Tax) 147240
A beautiful coin that recreates the famous Voyageur design in 2 ounces of 99.99% pure silver with 99.99% gold plating on both the obverse and reverse. Every element of your coin was designed with the Masters Club in mind.
• Item Number: 147240
• Mintage: 2,200
• Composition: 99.99% pure silver
• Finish: Proof with selective gold plating
• Weight (g): 62.67
• Diameter (mm): 54
• Edge: Serrated
• Certificate: Serialized
• Face value: 1 Dollar
• Artist: Emanuel Hahn (reverse), Percy Metcalfe (obverse)
• A Mint first! 99.99% gold plating on both the obverse and reverse. The canoe, travellers, island, and pines are plated in 99.99% pure gold, and the King's crown and mantle are also plated in 99.99% pure gold.
• The first coin in the Mint's "renewed silver dollar" series celebrating historic proof dollar designs. The series begins with Canada's first silver dollar, designed by renowned sculptor Emanuel Hahn and first issued in 1935.
• An exceptionally low mintage of only 2,200 coins.
• Features the new-in-2015 Masters Club logo—printed prominently on the box sleeve.
• King George V effigy based on the 1935 design! The obverse features the effigy of King George V by British artist Percy Metcalfe from the original 1935 silver 1-dollar coin.
• Includes commemorative dates! Your coin is engraved with commemorative dates of "1935-2015".
• Includes the legend GEORGIVS V REX IMPERATOR ANNO REGNI XXV (George V, King and Emperor, 25th Year of Reign).
• Includes serialized certificate.
• Includes removable insert and special certificate compartment.
About the Design:
Your coin features Emanuel Hahn's iconic Voyageur image, present on Canadian silver dollars from 1935 to 1986. A canoe traverses calm waters in the horizontal centre of the image, carrying a European voyageur paddling at the stern and a First Nations man paddling at the bow. The canoe is laden with wrapped furs. The bundle closest to the bow is marked with the initials "HB" for the Hudson's Bay Company. In the background, two wind-swept pines rise from the midst of a smooth, semi-circular island. Stylized vertical rays representing the Northern Lights cross the sky. The canoe, travellers, island, and pines are plated in 99.99% pure gold. The reverse is engraved with the words "CANADA" and "DOLLAR" and the commemorative dates "1935-2015." The obverse features the effigy of King George V by British artist Percy Metcalfe from the original 1935 silver 1-dollar coin, as well as the legend GEORGIVS V REX IMPERATOR ANNO REGNI XXV (George V, King and Emperor, 25th Year of Reign). The King's crown and mantle are plated in 99.99% pure gold.
Beautifully presented in a Royal Canadian Mint branded wooden box, lined with black flocking and including a removable insert and special certificate compartment.