2022 $30 Visions of Canada Fine Silver Coin (No Tax)
Mountains, prairies, forests and more—so many different landscapes are synonymous with Canada, and our natural diversity is truly one of our great strengths. Canadians can be proud of the staggering beauty that defines our nation on a global scale, a beauty that is represented on this coin’s reverse, where some of this country’s most impressive scenes are combined to form a single vision of “home” that will speak to every Canadian.
Canada is the third-most forested country in the world, with 347 million hectares of forest covering 38% of our country’s total land area.
Canada has more lake area than any other country in the world! The five Great Lakes that straddle the Canada-United States border are some of the largest lakes in the world. But many of our largest bodies of water (rivers and lakes) are located in Northern Canada—that’s where you’ll find our longest river, the Mackenzie River (4,241 km long), and the largest lake wholly within Canada, Great Bear Lake.
Appearing on your coin’s reverse, the Canada jay (also known as the grey jay or whisky jack) is a year-round resident of our boreal forests and can be found in every Canadian province and territory.
Designed by artist Claire Watson, your coin’s reverse captures both the pride of Canadians and the diverse beauty of Canada in a single image that is sure to inspire. A Canada jay (Perisoreus canadensis) symbolizes this nation’s spirit as it glides above the treetops, while the ever-changing Canadian landscape unfolds below—from towering peaks to mighty rivers, and the dancing lights of the aurora borealis. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and a wave field pattern that evokes a sense of movement, like the wind sweeping across the landscape.
Item Number: 203924
Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Weight*: 62.69 g
Diameter: 50 mm
Face Value: $30
Artist: Claire Watson
• A glimpse of "home"! Immerse yourself in the sights with this unique view of Canada from coast to coast to coast! The ever-changing Canadian landscape unfolds on your coin’s reverse, where so many breathtaking sights are seamlessly combined to form a single, inspiring image of Canada.
• A celebration of Canada! Canada is a country like no other, and nature matters to Canadians. This coin celebrates the popular vision of Canada as a country defined by diversity, its natural beauty and vast wilderness.
• Classic illustration style! The illustrative art style on the coin’s reverse gives it a timeless feel. It’s an inspiring piece of visual storytelling, one that speaks to Canadians’ common connection to the land.
• Obverse field pattern! A nod to the reverse design, your coin’s obverse features a wave pattern that adds a sense of movement, like the wind sweeping across the landscape.
• 2oz. of 99.99% pure silver! A great addition to any Canadiana-themed collection, your coin is crafted in 2 oz. of 99.99% pure silver. Only 5,000 are available to collectors worldwide.
The coin comes encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded clamshell with a black beauty box.