2022 Canada A Radiant Crown Fine Silver Fractional Set (No Tax)
A royal theme for 2022! Set with 1,333 diamonds, the stately and regal Diamond Diadem is the glittering inspiration behind two extraordinary design elements that distinguish our 2022 fractional set.
All five 99.99% pure silver coins (1 oz., ½ oz., ¼ oz., 1/10 oz. and 1/20 oz.) share the same engraved design that speaks to a maple’s evolution, but the maple leaf on the 1 oz. coin has a special sparkle to it thanks to diamond glitter. This set is a nod to one of Her Majesty’s most widely recognized crowns, as well as the historic diademed effigy (1990-2002) that makes a return appearance in this set.
The five coins share the same reverse design by artist Nathalie Lagacé and feature two sugar maple (Acer saccharum) leaves opposite each other, along with three pairs of samaras (winged seeds). A proud symbol of Canada, the most prominent leaf is enhanced with diamond glitter on the 1 oz. coin in honour of the Diamond Diadem represented on the obverse. Each reverse also includes “CANADA” and the coin’s purity and weight, along with the date “2022”. Each obverse features the historic effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Dora de Pédery-Hunt.
Sculptor and medalist Dora de Pédery-Hunt, C.M., O.Ont, was the first Canadian to design a royal effigy for Canadian coinage. This is the effigy featured in this fractional set and on most Canadian coins issued between 1990 and 2002.
Item Number: 200611
Composition: 99.99% pure silver, with diamond glitter on the 1 oz. coin
Finish: Reverse proof
Artist: Nathalie Lagacé
• Inspired by Queen Elizabeth II's Diamond Crown! A popular annual offering, the 2022 edition of our fine silver fractional set honours a crown that is popularly associated with Her Majesty’s long reign: the magnificent Diamond Diadem.
• A Historic Obverse! All five coins feature the 1990-2002 diademed effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Dora de Pédery-Hunt, the first Canadian to design a royal effigy for Canada's coinage!
• All five coins (1 oz., 1/2 oz., 1/4 oz., 1/10 oz., 1/20 oz.) in this maple-themed set feature the effigy of Her Majesty by Canadian Dora de Pédery-Hunt – this is the obverse design that appeared on Canada’s coins from 1990 to 2002.
• Crafted in 99.99% pure silver, these five coins share the same engraved maple-themed design, but the 1 oz. coin is selectively enhanced with diamond glitter technology – a precise application of fine diamond particles first seen on our 2017 Glistening North coins. This time, the glittering effect is a nod to the Diamond Diadem worn by Her Majesty, Queen of Canada, on the coin’s obverse.
• All five coins feature a reverse proof finish — brilliant relief on frosted/matte field — that allows the engraved art to shine.
Each coin comes individually encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded clamshell with a black beauty box.
Note: Due to restrictions, this set is only available for sale within North America.