2021 Canada $20 Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II's Lover's Knot Tiara Fine Silver Coin
This 2021 Canada $20 Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II's Lover's Knot Tiara Fine Silver Coin features one of the most famous royal pearl heirlooms. Its diamond-adorned arches and suspended pearls inspired the rhodium-plated designs for the 2021 tiara coin, which double as a jewellery-themed celebration of the year of Her Majesty’s 95th birthday.
Commissioned by Queen Mary in 1913 from the House of Garrard, the Lover's Knot Tiara (also known as Queen Mary's Lover's Knot Tiara) was passed down to her granddaughter, Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II in 1953. Originally the Lover's Knot Tiara contained upright pearls above 19 diamond arches; pearls of which were taken from the Girls of Great Britain & Ireland Tiara (also a favourite of Her Majesty). However, Queen Mary later had these pearls removed from the Lover's Knot Tiara. This regal tiara was loaned other members of the Royal Family such as Diana, Princess of Wales, and Catherine, HRH The Duchess of Cambridge.
The reverse of 2021 coin features an interpretation of the current Lover's Knot Tiara. Swarovski® crystals add a diamond-like sparkle to the rhodium-plated motif, while three mother-of-pearl pieces stand in for the tiara’s suspended pearls. The arrangement is framed by engraved elements resembling the tiara’s headband. The commemorative obverse features scroll flourishes and the four effigies of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II that have appeared on Canadian coins since 1953.
Item Number: 200370
Composition: 99.99% pure silver, rhodium plating, Swarovski® crystals and mother of pearl
Weight: 31.39 g
Diameter: 38 mm
Face Value: $20
Finish: Matte proof
- 1oz 99.99% Pure Silver Celebration! This 38mm fine silver coin is a tiara-themed tribute to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II on the year of her 95th birthday.
- Swarovski crystals: The Lover’s Knot Tiara inspired the coin’s reverse, where the rhodium-plated design is adorned with Swarovski® crystals that add a regal sparkle.
- Mother of Pearl! The Royal Canadian Mint's interpretation on this famous tiara wouldn’t be complete without one of its distinguishing features, its pearls, which are re-created with mother of pearl.
- The Tiara coins released by the Royal Canadian Mint has always been popular with collectors and previous tiara coins have sold out.
Black clamshell with black beauty box.
Please note: This product is no longer tax exempt due to modifications to the coin, including (but not limited to):
• Embellishments such as sculptures or moving parts
• Crystals, gemstones or diamonds embedded into the coin
• Sculptures and/or other moving parts
Please see The Royal Canadian Mint's FAQ for more details.