2013 Canada $20 Purple Coneflower & Eastern Tailed Blue Butterfly
This exceptionally beautiful coin is the third coin in the Royal Canadian Mint's sought-after series featuring engraved and painted Canadian flora with one-of-a-kind, hand-crafted Venetian glass insects created by Giuliano Donaggio, a master glassmaker in Murano, Italy.
This fine silver $20 coin is certified to be 99.99% pure silver with a diameter of 38 millimetres and a metal weight of 31.39 grams. Designed by Canadian artist Maurice Gervais, the reverse image centres on a stunningly rendered Purple Coneflower (Echinacea purpurea) bloom.
The engraved and painted flower's instantly recognizable red-orange tubiflora centre and bright purple petals sit atop a realistic green stem with two smooth leaves. A jewel-like Venetian glass Eastern Tailed Blue, hand-crafted by Giuliano Donaggio, a master glassmaker in Murano, Italy, perches on the flower's lower right petals, its dark blue-tinted translucent wings rendered in matchless detail, with their orange dots at the base of each hind wing.
The reverse also features the word 'CANADA,' the date '2013' and the face value of '20 DOLLARS.' The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
Item number: 121899
Face Value: 20 dollars
Composition: 99.99% pure Silver
Diameter (mm): 38
Weight (g): 31.39
Finish: Proof with colour
Artists: Maurice Gervais (coin), Giuliano Donaggio (butterfly)
- This exceptional coin's Venetian glass Eastern Tailed Blue feature was handcrafted by a master glass-maker in Murano, Italy. Murano glass is prized around the world for its clear, vibrant colours.
- This is the third coin in a series of world-renowned Royal Canadian Mint coins featuring one-of-a-kind Venetian glass embellishments on beautifully engraved and painted flowers native to Canada.
- Design is finely engraved and meticulously presented in a beautiful Proof finish (frosted raised elements on mirror background).
- A fantastic collector's item as well as a unique and beautiful gift to commemorate a birthday, holiday, graduation, the coming of spring, or other special occasion. All previous coins in this series have sold out quickly.
- This low-mintage 99.99% fine silver coin comes in a Royal Canadian Mint branded clamshell case.
- An excellent collectible for nature lovers, wildflower enthusiasts, conservationists, and lovers of Canadiana.
Coin is encapsulated and presented in a maroon clamshell case lined with flock and protected by a black sleeve.
Please note: This product is no longer tax exempt due to modifications to the coin, including (but not limited to):
• Embellishments such as sculptures or moving parts
• Crystals, gemstones or diamonds embedded into the coin
• Sculptures and/or other moving parts
Please see The Royal Canadian Mint's FAQ for more details.