2018 $30 Canadian National Institute for the Blind 2-coin Set (Silver Coin & Bronze Medallion) (TAX Exempt)
In the wake of the First World War and the Halifax Explosion that left thousands blind or partially sighted, seven visionaries saw beyond the tragedy and held fast to their ideal that those injured could lead productive lives, nurture their talents and ultimately fulfill their dreams. As the mints fist coin designed by a visually impaired artist and the first to feature braille, this keepsake is testament to the power of the CNIB's vision. It's a beautiful work of art that celebrates the strength and resilience of everyday individuals who inspire us all.
Face Value: $30
Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Weight: 62.69 g
Diameter: 50 mm
Artist: Meghan Sims (reverse), Susanna Blunt (obverse)
Face Value: Medallion
Weight: 77.17 g
Diameter: 52 mm
Artist: Meghan Sims (reverse)
• Includes a bronze medallion to deliver a tactile experience of touching braille to read "CNIB 1918-2018 INCA" on the obverse.
• Very low mintage of 3,000 elevates this coin's exclusivity and collectability.
• Selective colour, various finishes and textures beautifully enhance the layering of two images within the coin design, while simultaneously creating distinct details and features to differentiate the eye from the mountain scene.
• A coin rich in symbolism punctuated with braille. Green is the most restful colour to the eye, and in this design represents growth, harmony and safety.
• A unique collectible to commemorating a distinctly Canadian institution - a source of national pride with a 100-year legacy and an enduring vision for the future.
• A heartwarming keepsake to honour teachers, counsellors and caregivers who serve the needs of the blind, or to celebrate the strength and resilience of everyday individuals.
Black clamshell with a black beauty box