1912-1914 PREMIUM HAND-SELECTED 6-COIN SET - CANADA'S FIRST GOLD COINS
In 1896, a major gold rush in Yukon's Klondike Valley brought an awareness of gold mining and the theme of mineral wealth into the Canadian consciousness. Romantic notions of sacks filled with gold coins and rags-to-riches glory took hold of the public imagination. After a series of negotiations with the British authorities, the Ottawa Mint Act was passed in 1901, allowing for a branch of the British Royal Mint to be established in Canada to produce domestic coinage. The Ottawa branch of the British Royal Mint officially opened in 1908.
In March of 1912, the first gold coins that were Canadian in every aspect, from raw material to reverse image design, were struck.
One hundred years after the first Canadian gold coins were minted, they have returned home to the Royal Canadian Mint, formerly the Ottawa branch of the British Royal Mint. Although the world into which they now shed their warm glow is utterly different from their original era - these storied coins retain a moment in Canadian history when progress, hope, pride, and victory burned brightly in the Canadian imagination.
Premium Hand-Selected Coins*:
As someone who demands nothing but the best, you will be captivated by the Mint's 1912-14 $5 and $10 first Canadian gold coins being offered in Premium Hand-Selected quality. These coins were hand-picked by Mint personnel for maximum eye-appeal and nearly pristine quality. Their luster is without equal, as are the quality of their detail and their virtually unblemished surfaces. They are among the best Canadian 1912-14 gold coins to be seen in almost a century.
Now you can own a part of Canadian history! Be one of the few to own such an illustrious and rare coin set - order today!
- RAREST OF THE RARE: Only 140 six-coin sets were assembled from the best of the 1912, 1913, and 1914 $5 & $10 gold coins!
- UNIQUE! The only way you can get the 1912 $10 Premium gold coin from the Royal Canadian Mint is to purchase it as part of this set. The 1912 $10 Premium gold coin will not be available as a single.
- Your authentic 1912-1914 first Canadian gold coins are composed of 90% fine Canadian gold, much of it from the Klondike region (1912) and Ontario (1913-14), and 10% copper.
- Your six premium gold coins have been hand selected for this set from the best of the coins!
- Your coin set includes an official Certificate of Authenticity, as well as one of the original bags and tags that held and identified the coins in the Bank of Canada's vault!
Your coins depict a shield bearing the then Canadian coat of arms, composed of the provincial arms of the Dominion of Canada: Ontario, Quebec, Nova Scotia, and New Brunswick. The shield is encircled by graceful maple boughs. The inscription "CANADA" is engraved above the shield, and the dates 1912, 1913 or 1914 and face value TEN DOLLARS or FIVE DOLLARS is engraved below the shield. The effigy of King George V adorns the obverse side of your coins. Both sides of the coin are framed with a raised beaded circle.
- The coins, encased in capsules featuring gold holographic security seals, are presented in an exclusive Canadian maple wood case that prominently features all six premium coins. The case also features a certificate of authenticity, as well as an original cloth bag that held the coins in the Bank of Canada vault and an authentic identification tag. The case is protected by a black beauty box.
These rare first Canadian gold coins minted in 1912, 1913 and 1914 are now available but are expected to sell quickly.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for you!
Order your coin set today before they're all gone!
*As the Royal Canadian Mint does not grade any of its products, the use of the expression "Hand-Selected" and/or "Premium Hand-Selected" as used herein does not imply any form of coin grade, or suggestion thereof, derived from current numismatic grading standards, or other form of grading systems.
Products may differ from those shown and are not actual size.