With its snow-white plumage, the snowy owl (Bubo scandiacus) is a hauntingly beautiful ambassador for our mortherly climate. The second coin in our Geometric Fauna series takes to the skies and re-imagines a classic Canadian species, by combining two different art styles -low poly art and realism -to achieve a colourful, contemporary design brimming with majestic motion.
Item Number: 165470
Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Weight (g): 31.83
Diameter (mm): 40
Face Value: $20
- SECOND IN A SERIES: The first Geometric Fauna coin (The Grey Wolf) featured an icon of our forests but this time, we’re taking to the skies! The snowy owl is the SECOND to be featured in a three-coin series that takes a more contemporary approach to wildlife portraits, by merging a realistic depiction with one based on pure geometry.
- CALCULATED CRAFTSMANSHIP: Each of these beloved icons of the Canadian wilderness is comprised of carefully positioned polygon shapes that are characteristic of low poly art, before merging with a more true-to-life depiction.
- A VARIETY OF FINISHES: Precisely engraved to ensure crisp lines, each polygon shape is set apart by different finishing techniques that mimic light and shadows, which adds yet another realistic touch to
the stylized image.
- LAVISH COLOUR: Canada’s wintry beauty is brought to life by an outstanding application of bold colours over precision-engravedrelief-a combination that effectively transforms a flat image into a
multi-layered work of art.
- COLLECT ALL 3 FOR A COMPLETE SET! Throughout the series, a 'shattering' effect marks the transition between stylized and realistic art while adding an awe-inspiring sense of movement-one gets the sense that each animal’s instinctive movement allows them to break free from the constraints of its geometric form!
- LIMITED EDITION: Each coin has a limited mintage of just 6,000 worldwide!
Maroon clamshell with graphic beauty box.