2014 Canada $20 Venetian Glass Snowman Fine Silver
When the dark, cold winter descends upon Canadians, like true northerners we turn to the warmth of festive traditions. Celebrate the joy of the holiday season with this exquisite painted silver coin bearing a lovely Venetian glass snowman.
The reverse design by Canadian artist Julius Csotonyi features a festive outdoor Canadian holiday scene. Bearing all of the key hallmarks of the Canadian winter holiday season, this outdoor evening scene centres around an adorable white glass snowman with an orange carrot nose, red buttons, a black top hat, and a green scarf. The snowman sits on a gently sloping snow-covered yard. To the left of the snowman is a lovely evergreen tree decked out with multi-coloured ornaments, white garland, and bright lights. A pair of old-fashioned skates lies at the base of the tree. In front of the snowman and tree, a gently curving ice path leads back to a warmly lit, snow-covered log cabin on the right side of the image. Across the path from the snowman, the corner of a wood bench is visible under a heap of snow where a red mug of cocoa has been left behind. The scene, which looks uphill toward the night sky beyond the horizon, is dotted with bare deciduous trees and glimmering crystalline snowflakes falling from the sky.
Item Number: 130617
Composition: 99.99% fine Silver
Weight (g): 31.39
Diameter (mm): 38
Face Value: $20
- The Royal Canadian Mint proudly releases the second issue in its series of painted holiday-themed coins bearing Venetian glass features.
- This beautifully designed and exquisitely engraved fine silver coin features an original winter scene including a three-dimensional Venetian glass snowman created by master glass makers in Murano, Italy, Vio col vetro.
- Venetian glass is prized around the world for its clear, vibrant colours. Because it is handcrafted by skilled artisans, each glass snowman is unique.
- An excellent addition to any collection featuring coloured coins, holiday-themed coins, and unique pieces of art.
- A gift or keepsake for the holidays, to celebrate the joy of Canadian winters and recall your own memories of winters past!
Maroon clamshell with black beauty box
Please note: This product is no longer tax exempt due to modifications to the coin, including (but not limited to):
• Embellishments such as sculptures or moving parts
• Crystals, gemstones or diamonds embedded into the coin
• Sculptures and/or other moving parts
Please see The Royal Canadian Mint's FAQ for more details.