2022 Canada $200 Super Incuse 2oz. Rose Gold Plated Maple Leaf (No Tax)
After introducing a double-incuse platinum-plated Gold Maple Leaf (GML) coin in 2018, the Royal Canadian Mint followed it up with pink gold- (2019) and black rhodium-plated (2020) versions. The RCM took art to all-new depths with the first Super Incuse SML in 2021. While the previous incuse coins had a standard incuse depth of 0.3 mm, thanks to new technology developed by our Research and Development team, on the Super Incuse SML the intricately engraved maple leaf sits 1.5 mm below the coin’s surface – that’s nearly 40% of the coin gauge!
And for 2022, the Royal Canadian Mint enhanced the revolutionary Super Incuse GML with the addition of selective rose gold plating and maple leaf field pattern on both sides; truly a perfect fusion of modern technology and classic design.
The coin’s reverse features Walter Ott’s iconic sugar maple leaf design, unchanged since the first Gold Maple Leaf (GML) bullion coin issued in 1979. The famous maple leaf has been struck using Super Incuse technology, which gives it an incuse depth of 1.5 millimetres, and now enhanced with rose gold plating. A modified reverse proof finish ensures the focus is on the brilliant relief. The reverse also includes the engraved words “CANADA” and “FINE GOLD 2 OZ OR PUR”, as well as the purity standard of “9999”. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt, along with the engraved face value “200 DOLLARS” and the year “2022”.
Item Number: 203659
Composition: 99.99% pure gold with selective rose gold plating
Diameter: 36 mm
Face Value: $200
Finish: Modified reverse proof
Artist: Water Ott
• A revolutionary coin, now enhanced! The Royal Canadian Mint We took art to new depths with the first ever Super Incuse GML coin, which is now enhanced with selective rose gold plating and maple leaf field pattern on both sides! Thanks to new technology developed by the Royal Canadian Mint’s R&D team, the maple leaf engraved on this coin’s reverse features an unprecedented incuse depth of 1.5 mm.
• With Super Incuse technology, you’ll see the GML’s maple leaf in a whole new way. The engraving is every bit as intricate and detailed as previous GML coins, but the extreme relief depth adds a new level of complexity to an already famous design.
• Modified Reverse Proof Finish! The lightly frosted field and brilliant relief practically guarantee all eyes will be on the super incuse maple leaf, which boasts a mirror-like shine.
• Previous 1 oz. SML coins sold out quickly. Don’t miss this opportunity to own the 2022 edition —order yours today!
• Low Mintage! Only 250 coins are available to collectors worldwide.
The coin comes encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded clamshell with a black beauty box.
Restrictions from the Royal Canadian Mint:
- To be exclusively advertised and sold by a Royal Canadian Mint distribution partner within the United States Canadian and international dealers may not advertise nor sell this product outside of their territories.