2022 Canada $200 Purely Brilliant Collection: Forevermark Black Label Cushion Ultra High Relief Pure Gold
Another dazzling diamond showstopper! Resembling a pillow of pure sparkling light, a cushion cut diamond features a rounded square shape that naturally evokes romantic images of yesteryear. That trend-defying, vintage charm is part of its appeal, but so, too, is its abundance of fire—in fact, no other shape rivals the intensity of a cushion cut diamond’s flashes of coloured light. That high fire is evident on this 99.99% pure gold coin’s reverse, where Ultra High Relief (UHR) engraving rises up to surround the 0.23 carat Forevermark Black Label cushion cut diamond that inspired the geometric design.
The coin’s cushion cut diamond comes from the Victor Mine, which was Ontario’s first diamond mine and De Beers’ second mine in Canada. Located in Northern Ontario, the Victor Mine opened in July 2008 and produced roughly 8.1 million carats of diamonds before its closure in 2019.
There’s a reason the cushion cut has an antique feel: it is a modern iteration of the old mine cut, the most common diamond shape until the late 19th century. The historic cutting style, which yielded squarish stones with a higher crown and a deeper pavilion than modern-cut diamonds, maximized carat retention and took less time to execute. One of the most famous diamonds, the Hope Diamond, features an antique cushion cut.
The reverse design by Chris and Rosina Reid of Three Degrees Creative is inspired by the 0.23 carat Forevermark Black Label cushion cut diamond centrepiece. The engraved arrangement is an artistic interpretation of the diamond’s light performance and features rising layers of geometric shapes engraved in Ultra High Relief (UHR). The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
Item Number: 2025435
Composition: 99.99% pure gold
Weight: 33.17 g
Diameter: 30 mm
Face Value: $200
Artist: Chris and Rosina Reid (reverse), Susanna Blunt (Obverse)
• Cushion cut diamond! A CUSHION cut diamond brings high fire to this fourth coin in the Purely Brilliant collection. In partnership with Canada’s premier diamantaire, Crossworks Manufacturing, each coin in the Purely Brilliant collection features a Forevermark Black Label diamond in a patented cut that unleashes the spectacular beauty and fire within.
• The Height of Luxury! The coin combines three of the most luxurious coin features in one unforgettable design:
• The Forevermark Promise! Marked by the promise of superior beauty, utmost purity, and responsible sourcing, each Forevermark Black Label diamond adds maximum clarity, brilliance and light to your collection.
- A 0.23-carat Forevermark Black Label diamond;
- 99.99% pure gold; and
- Ultra High Relief (UHR) engraving for unparalleled height and depth.
• A Canadian Diamond! Like the square (2019), round (2020) and oval (2021) cut diamonds featured on previous Purely Brilliant coins, this coin’s cushion cut diamond was unearthed at Ontario’s first diamond mine, the Victor Diamond Mine in Northern Ontario.
• Ultra-refined Gold! The coin is meticulously crafted in 1oz. 99.99% pure gold.
• A Rare Gem! Only 350 of these jewellery-inspired, diamond-and-gold masterpieces will be available worldwide.
• Two Certificates of Authenticity! The coin comes in a wooden case packaged in a graphic beauty box. You also get TWO serialized certificates of authenticity: one from the Royal Canadian Mint; and one for the diamond, provided by Crossworks Manufacturing.
The coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded wooden case with a graphic beauty box.
Please note: This product is not tax exempt due to modifications to the coin, including (but not limited to):
• Embellishments such as sculptures or moving parts
• Crystals, gemstones or diamonds embedded into the coin
• Sculptures and/or other moving parts
Please see The Royal Canadian Mint's FAQ for more details.
©Forevermark 2022. Forevermark® and Forevermark™ are Trade Marks used under licence from De Beers Group.