2022 Canada $5 First Strikes - The Majestic Polar Bear Pure Silver (No Tax)
New from the Royal Canadian Mint! Premium Bullion in special packaging: Value that endures!
Valued for their appeal and beauty, silver and gold coins represent an exciting collecting opportunity—especially those crafted with the world’s purest precious metals.
The Majestic Polar Bear is the first in a new line of Premium Bullion coins in special packaging that are produced with a guaranteed weight and “four nines” (99.99%) purity, and issued in an easy-to-collect format. This uncirculated bullion coin is a beautiful keepsake that has been designed for collectors and precious metal buyers alike, but the First Strikes edition brings an added dimension of exclusivity: it was struck during the first day of production.
Packaged in a premium card holder and wrapped in a clear envelope with a tamper-evident seal, each Majestic Polar Bear bears the year “2022” and includes two extraordinary features: a “paw print” privy mark and vivid radial lines, a new sunburst finish that adds amazing visual energy to an already inspiring portrait. Also available in 1/10 oz. 24-karat gold.
Each coin’s reverse is based on a design by Canadian artist Glen Loates and features a full-body portrait of a polar bear (Ursus maritimus) in its natural Arctic environment. The polar bear has its head turned to the side while standing atop a small rise in an ice field; the scene is depicted against vivid radial lines to create a dramatic sunburst finish. The reverse includes a “paw print” privy mark, the coin’s purity and weight, the word “CANADA” and the year “2022”. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
Item Number: 203464
Composition: 99.99 % pure silver
Weight*: 1 Troy oz. (31.11 g)
Diameter: 38 mm
Face Value: $5
Finish: Bullion with sunburst finish (vivid radial lines)
Artist: Glen Loates
• New premium bullion in special packaging! It’s never been easier to own or collect the precious metals that are universally cherished for their appeal and beauty. Available in silver and gold, each uncirculated Premium Bullion coin comes in an easy-to-collect format; it is produced with a guaranteed weight, specially handled during the manufacturing process and encapsulated into card packaging.
• The Royal Canadian Mint is recognized worldwide for its strict quality controls, and for producing coins of consistent weight and utmost purity, but First Strikes have the added distinction of being minted on the first day of production—they’re the first of their kind!
• A beautiful collectible for precious metal buyers, your 1 oz. fine silver Premium Bullion coin is crafted in 99.99% pure silver. It features our exclusive MINTSHIELD™ surface protection, the first proven approach to reducing the occurrence of white spot discolorations on silver bullion coins.
• Vivid radial lines, a new sunburst finish! On both the reverse and obverse, vivid radial lines fill the field to create a dramatic sunburst finish that adds movement, energy and excitement to the engraved art.
• Your coin’s reverse includes a “paw print” privy mark that is unique to this line of collectable Premium Bullion coins.
• Tamper-evident card packaging! Your 2022-dated coin comes encapsulated and protected in a premium card holder, wrapped in a clear envelope with a tamper-evident seal. All the information you need is at your fingertips: coin specifications are printed on the back of the card.
• Also available in gold! The Majestic Polar Bear premium bullion coins, including First Strikes, are available in silver (1 oz.) and gold (1/10 oz.) formats.
• A limited collectible! Only 5,000 pure silver First Strikes are available to collectors worldwide.
The pure silver Premium Bullion coin comes encapsulated and packaged in a premium card holder for easy storing and handling, and wrapped in a clear envelope with a tamper-evident seal for an added protection.
MINTSHIELD™ is a trademark owned by the Royal Canadian Mint.