2022 Canada $10 Everlasting Maple Leaf Pure Gold Coin (No Tax)
Canada is one of only two countries in the world that is bordered by three different oceans, and we’re proud of our extensive coastline. Each of those bordering oceans—the Arctic, Atlantic and Pacific—is represented by a maple leaf on this gleaming collectible. It marks the return of the 1/20 oz. size, which is one of the most affordable ways to add a 99.99% pure gold coin to your growing collection.
Canada has the world’s longest coastline (total length of 243,042 kilometres) where the Arctic coastline runs around 162,000 kilometres in length.
The maple leaf is tied to some of Canada’s proudest achievements. Its first recorded use as a Canadian cultural symbol dates back to 1836, when the Société Saint-Jean-Baptiste adopted the maple leaf as its emblem. Today, it is one of the most famous emblems of Canada—you’ll find it on our coins, stamps, military badges, coat of arms, and of course, our flag!
Designed by Canadian artist Michelle Grant, your coin’s reverse features an inspiring arrangement of sugar maple (Acer saccharum) leaves that symbolize Canada’s three bordering oceans: Arctic, Atlantic and Pacific. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
Item Number: 204103
Composition: 99.99% pure gold
Weight*: 1.58 g
Diameter: 14 mm
Face Value: $10
Finish: Reverse Proof
Artist: Michelle Grant (reverse), Susanna Blunt (obverse)
• Celebrate Canada's Oceans! Nothing says “Canada” like the proud maple leaf. Your coin features a classically styled and superbly engraved portrait of maple leaves in their natural state—an inspiring image that has deeper meaning, since the leaves represent Canada’s three bordering oceans.
• The 1/20th oz. size returns! This is the Royal Canadian Mint's second stand-alone 14 mm pure gold coin, which is specially sized to put 99.99% pure gold within your reach (the first was the 2020 An Inuk and a Qulliq coin).
• Affordable gold option! Created for art lovers and value-minded collectors alike, the 1/20 oz. coin size offers an affordable way to diversify and/or grow your collection—in fact, this coin is one of our most affordable 99.99% pure gold offerings in 2022.
• Unique size! Slightly smaller than a dime, this is one of the few 1/20 oz. collector coins that have been minted by the Mint as a stand-alone collectible—the size is usually reserved for bullion products and fractional sets.
• Reverse proof finish! Your coin features a reverse proof finish, with a frosted field that contrasts against the mirror-like shine of the engraved relief.
• Low mintage! Only 5,000 coins are available worldwide—that’s 1,000 less than the previous 1/20 oz. pure gold collector coin, 2020’s An Inuk and a Qulliq.
The coin comes encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded clamshell with a black beauty box.