2020 Canada $20 Iconic Maple Leaves Fine Silver (No Tax)
A Royal Canadian Mint Masters Club exclusive, the third coin in the annual Iconic Maple Leaves series is a fully gold-plated, scallop-shaped tribute to L.C. Wyon's crossed maple boughs. These iconic maple leaves were first introduced by the Province of Canada and later adopted by the Dominion of Canada for its first coins, which have a special place in the hearts of many collectors.
This fully gold-plated, scallop-shaped $20 coin is 99.99% pure silver, with a diameter of 38 mm and a nominal metal weight of 26.51 grams. The reverse features Leonard C. Wyon's crossed maple bough design, as seen on some of Canada's early coinage (1858-1936). The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
When the Dominion of Canada issued its first coins in 1870, these maple leaves appeared on every denomination except the one cent, which featured a maple vine instead.
The crossed maple boughs continued to appear on Canadian circulation coins until 1936, though the five-cent coin changed to the "two maple leaves" design in 1922.
Item Number: 178527
Composition: 99.99% pure silver with full gold plating
Weight (g): 26.51
Diameter (mm): 38
Face value: 20 dollars
ArtustL Leonard C. Wyon (reverse), Susanna Blunt (obverse)
• A Royal Canadian Mint Masters Club exclusive! This is the third coin in an annual series reserved exclusively for Masters Club members, our most dedicated collectors, now available to the general public!
• Fully gold plated: Crafted from 99.99% pure silver, this new addition to your collection has been fully gold plated to give it the appearance and gleam of a gold coin.
• Scallop shaped: The coin's scallop shape adds an extra touch of sophistication to this beautifully crafted piece.
• History Preserved! The year 2020 marks the 150th anniversary of the first coins of the Dominion of Canada. This coin features the crossed maple bough design that appeared on the four denominations issued in 1870 (5, 10, 25 and 50 cents).
• Low Mintage of just 4,500 coins worldwide.
• A BEST-SELLING SERIES:
Coin #1 (2018) featured the Million Dollar coin design (2007).
Coin #2 (2019) featured the one-cent circulation coin design (1937-2012).
Your coin is beautifully presented in a Royal Canadian Mint branded wooden case with a graphic beauty box.