2013 Canada $500 Great Canadian Artist - Emily Carr's, TSATSISNUKOMI, B.C., 1912 Fine Silver Coin (TAX Exempt) - 127472
Please note that this product has a heavy shipping charge of $5.00
The Royal Canadian Mint is proud to present its second 5-kg 99.99% fine silver coin, featuring a portion of Emily Carr's Tsatsisnukomi, B.C., 1912, one of Canada's most accomplished and renowned artists.
A giant 7 inches in diameter, this pure silver coin featuring a detail from Emily Carr's masterful totem-themed 1912 painting applies advanced engraving and finishing techniques to bring Carr's work to life in astounding texture and detail.
On the reverse, the central image of a mystical bird figure has been engraved at increased depth so that it seems to rise from the coin. Behind this central image, Royal Canadian Mint engravers have employed exceptional frosting to capture the beautiful shading and delicate detail from Carr's vivid original.
This beautiful frosted background also graces the coin's obverse, which hosts the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
The central image is framed by a n outer band designed to mimic the cross-sectional grain of a cedar log, a material prominently used in creating totem poles.
Item Number: 127472
Face Value: 500 dollars
Composition: 99.99% fine Silver
Weight (g): 5,000 grams
Diameter (mm): 180
Artist: Emily Carr
- This 5 kilogram fine silver coin took two engravers to translate the magic and beauty of Emily Carr's water colour painting onto this massive 7 inch canvas.
- After 3 weeks of hand sculpting using digital tools. The metal was cut in a 75 hour long process for each side of the coin to create the die. The die was burnished by hand for 1 week before it was ready to be hardened.
- After hardening the die it was polished for 1 week to create brilliant shiny and frosted areas using the traditional techniques of sandblasting and masking by hand.
- A lengthy process to create this masterful work of art. The first time by Emily Carr and then again by our Engravers, Christie Paquet and Stanley Witten.
- This extremely low mintage product is shipped in spectacular custom packaging complete with a serialized booklet.
Coin is encased in an acrylic box and - along with a serialized certificate in a book format - presented in an elegant collector's box made of Canadian walnut wood and branded the Royal Canadian Mint. For secure shipping, the collector's box is placed inside a watertight, crushproof, and dust proof Pelican Case 1550.