Beloved for their historic relevance and elegance, the 1967 Canadian Centennial circulation coins recall a momentous anniversary and are cherished for starting many collectors on their collecting journey! Fifty years later, these iconic coin designs make their return once more in this stunning Big Coin series, beginning with the most famous one: the one-cent coin designed by Alex Colville.
Item Number: 154729
Composition 99.99% pure silver
Weight (g): 157.6
Diameter (mm): 65.25
Face Value: 1 Cent
- FINAL coin in an unforgettable series that celebrates Canada’s 150th anniversary and the 50th anniversary of the 1967 Canadian Centennial circulation coins.
- Never before have these iconic designs been featured in 99.99% pure silver—and on a much larger scale (65.25-mm diameter)—uniquely enhanced with stunning gold plating selectively applied to the reverse and obverse.
- The proof finish is gorgeously enhanced with modern polishing techniques that highlight the meticulous engraving of each subject.
- For added historical authenticity, the obverse features the second effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, as it appeared on the original coins.
- Purchase individually or subscribe today to guarantee all six coins: each subscription comes with an elegant wooden collector case that will beautifully showcase the coins together as one complete set.
- Third Big Coin series to feature iconic Canadian circulation coins: Previous ones sold out very quickly; given the popularity of the original designs, and a low mintage of just 2,150 coins per denomination, this series will be highly sought after.
- An eye-catching addition to any Canadiana-, history-themed or circulation coin collections.
- A great opportunity to revisit a proud moment in our history while celebrating another key milestone!